Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 9-11, 2009

Are you sitting down??

I stitched Friday!

Well, sorta, anyway. I fray-checked the Waterlily Jobelan I purchased for The Peacock Stitching Chair by The Cat's Whiskers Design Studio and started basting in the panel outlines shortly after midnight. I had to stop at 4:30 to go to bed because my eyes wouldn't stay open but I continued at dialysis, basting in the center lines for each individual panel.

I didn't stitch anything after I was done with the basting because I forgot to take a QSnap to dialysis with me. I started on the sampler on the back panel shortly after midnight Saturday. My first X of 2009 went in at 12:14am! I was determined to finish this panel before midnight Sunday and I did! One down, ten to go! Luckily the remaining panels have less stitching on them.

Taking advantage of my stitching mojo while it lasts, I continued stitching after midnight Sunday. I was able to finish the front of the scissors fob and the ouline of the fob's back before surrendering to sleep. It was only 1:30am when I went to sleep but I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I must have been making up for all the sleep I missed while I was sick because I didn't get out of bed until 4:00pm this afternoon!

At least I stitched again, though! I was able to finish the back of the fob with the year and complete three more panels. So far I've completed the cross stitching on the chair back, the front and back of the scissors fob, the drawer front, and the two chair sides. I just barely started the first of the chair arms before taking a break to update my blog, which I've sorely neglected this week.

Just a note: I know I said that I'd continue with the freebie links, but I'm holding off until I'm back to myself. Keep a lookout for their return! In case you're a new reader of Crossed Purposes, there are at least two freebie/tutorial/reference links on each daily update post from November 23-December 22. I've tried to highlight some of the lesser-known designers and tutorial sites because there are some excellent ones out there!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're back to yourself soon - Love the motifs on the Peacock Chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have gotten some stitching time in. I have always wanted to do the peacock chair.
    Hope you have many more days of stitching ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are back to your stitching. The colors of Peacock chair are simply beautiful and it sure looks like you have a lot done. You'll be finished in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you stitching again! Love the color you've used for the peacock chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Peacocks are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go, girl!!

    LOL - now you are sleeping like me ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!