Monday, February 16, 2009

February 13-15, 2009

I know I've been a little lax in my posting the past few days, but this migraine won't go away. Well, it goes away while I'm sleeping but the pain increases the longer I'm awake. Thursday night/Friday morning, I continued stitching and completed
"Stitching Nut" by Handblessings at 12:30am. This is the 6th finish in the Year of the Sampler and the second Handblessings design I've done. I love how quick they stitch up! I apologize for the charm being off kilter, but as you can see it's a hoop with fabric in it. I'm also adding this one to my pile of unfinished finishes.

I have alot of finishing work to do when I get around to it! The problem is that I don't want everything framed. Somehow that seems boring, or in a rut, to me. Besides that, I can't hang anything here in the house. The walls crack when you put nails into them, so what's the sense? I've got to come up with more innovative ideas to display my work.

Before going to sleep Friday morning I decided to stitch another Dinky Dyes quilt square. I fray-checked the fabric and made a working copy of the chart but I didn't actually start it until Saturday afternoon, after getting through all my email. I spent the day Saturday watching movies on the Hallmark Channel. Some of my favorites were playing. By midnight, I'd gotten this far on Lasseter's Reef. Once again, I'm using Yallingup (varigated) and Saltbush (green) instead of the colors Jo calls for.

My head was just hurting too much for me to keep looking into lights, so I've spent the majority of the weekend sans laptop computer. By the time I finished reading email today and Saturday, I couldn't stand the pain anymore. Having the laptop off allowed me to keep moving on Lasseter's Reef, though.

I stitched into the wee hours of Sunday morning and didn't wake up until 1pm. Then I remembered the Daytona 500 was on this afternoon and turned the tv on so I could see that. After about an hour I had to turn off the television and went back to bed. Kasey and I slept from 5-8pm. Here is my progress as of midnight tonight, Sunday.

Once again, the pain is increasing the longer I'm awake. I'm hoping I only have another two days of this! I can't take any of the migraine medications because of side effects and the fact I have kidney failure, so I have to muddle through with Aleve.

I have the computer turned on long enough to upload pictures from my camera and make this post; then I'm turning it off again. I hope everyone is having a great President's Day weekend! Enjoy the holiday!

6 comments:

  1. Beth
    I am so sorry to hear that you still have that dreadful migrane. I also suffer from nasty migranes so I can relate to what you are saying about them. I hope you feel better soon. Your projects look great. Your varigated thread project is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish & progress, too! Hope you can get read of these migraines soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that you are feeling so poorly. Wish I could help you there. Your stitching is looking wonderful of course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that you still are not feeling well. I hope it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE that Stitching Nut pattern. You did a great job on that one. I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that design :)

    Congrats on another wonderful finish! The colors on the quilt square are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!