I did some stitching just after midnight. I also squeezed in a little more before dialysis this morning. I've worked my way over to the border and am going to complete it before going back to the individual motifs. I find that's the way I usually do these geometric patterns.I feel most comfortable starting a design in the center of the fabric and then work my way out to one of the edges. Maybe it's because I'm left-handed and like to stitch the way I write, but I usually work left to right. Once I get to the right side of the design I stitch the remainder in a counter-clockwise fashion. I don't plan it that way, but more often than not that's how it goes.
Many of you will be glad to know that I dropped my truck off at the shop tonight and the brakes will be done tomorrow. Now I just have to cross my fingers and hope that it will be ready for me to pick up when Uncle Wes comes through Annapolis tomorrow afternoon on his way back to Baltimore. Otherwise I have to wait til he comes home for the night. If that's the case, I may be late for my Heirloom Stitchers meeting.
I've already had to miss two stitching groups in the past week because of my lingering migraine but I especially do NOT want to miss Heirloom! I'm sure Kasey is wondering why we haven't gone anywhere in so long, too. I haven't left the house except to go to dialysis, and a quick grocery store run this morning, since last Monday when we went to Borders Books.
This was posted on one of my groups today. Since many of my readers share the same addiction, I knew you'd enjoy this.
I thought this was a 12-step program:
1) Join a group
2) Introduce yourself
3) Buy some patterns/kits
4) Buy some fabric
5) Buy some floss
6) "Oooh" and "Aaaah" at everyone's accomplishments
7) Post pics of your progress
8) Ask if anyone knows where to find a particular pattern
9) Ask another stitcher where he/she found that ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS BAP that you saw on his/her blog ('Cause ya know you just HAVE to do it some day!)
10) Scratch your head and wonder "How did I get so much stuff?"
11) Declare that you will go on a stash diet
12) Repeat steps 3-11 for the rest of your life
Scary, but true!











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




My problem is that I always seem to skip step #11! haha
ReplyDeleteStitching is looking good - hope your truck is fixed and you get to go out to your group. Nothing like cabin fever!
Love this, thanks! Tooooo true.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing blog and I love the colours you are using on the gewmetirc patterns. Funny...I am on the same 12 step program..I am on step 11 at the mo but I feel a step 3 coming on lol
ReplyDeleteLOL love the 12 steps! ;D
ReplyDeleteI love the colors you are stitching with.
LOL so true and so scarey!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful stitching!!! I just love the 12 step program, that is great!
ReplyDelete