Thursday, February 19, 2009

February 19, 2009

I know I skipped the post for yesterday but nothing really happened. I didn't stitch at all, either. I watched my "Space Buddies" DVD during my dialysis treatment. It was definitely a cute movie! I had a very nice email chat with Marc Davis of Needlemania. I look forward to meeting him when I go visit Mom sometime. Marc lives about ten minutes from her and knows all the local and not-so-local LNS's. Can you say "field trip!"?

Carol is lobbying for me to go to a
Stitcher's Weekend at Salty Yarns in Ocean City, MD from May 1 to 3. If I can stay with Millicent in Berlin, it's doable finance-wise for me. If not, I don't see myself being able to attend. This may be my birthday present to myself, in lieu of the cancelled day trip to Salty Yarns that I was trying to arrange.

Today was the first day I spent headache free! I was okay for most of Tuesday but it starting coming back last night with a vengeance. I took two Aleve and crawled into bed at 6:00 this morning.

I had a biopsy done on a mole today. I noticed a pink mole on my forearm a couple weeks ago and was concerned because I don't have any pink moles. In addition, it was also itching so I called the doctor for an appointment to have it checked. I'm not sure of the time frame for results but I'm guessing it'll be about a week. In the meantime, there's a hole in my arm the size of a pencil eraser. I've also scheduled my yearly checkup for March, where we will go over all my bloodwork and make sure there are no other supplements I'm missing. I plan to discuss my eczema and seborrhea because the flaking is bad this year. I'll let you know how all that turns out.

I only did a little stitching at Barnes & Noble today. I made sure I had Lasseter's Reef in my stitching bag! I continued working on the border and will try to do alot more this weekend. Since Saturday is my birthday, I'm hoping I get an uninterrupted day of stitching! I don't plan on turning on the laptop for most of the day, so be warned!

I received a box from Wawanna in today's mail. I have been expecting a sourdough bread starter, so I eagerly opened the box. Inside was tissue paper, but the weight felt right to be a dried piece of bread dough. I took out the red package and found one of Wawanna's newest Dazzling Creations, a scarf she knitted for me! Tears came to my eyes! She's just begun knitting and this is gorgeous. I wore it around the house with my pj's, Wawanna. You told me it was going to be a while before you got around to knitting something for me, though, you sneaky lady! Thank you!


Next, the lavender piece of tissue paper came out with a card. I read the card and then opened the tissue paper to find a chart from M Designs called 'Maw Maw's Quilt.' You were paying attention when I mentioned my mini quilt square addiction, weren't you, Wawanna? I will work on kitting this up soon, I promise!




I was still in sourdough starter mindset and expected to find it wrapped in the last piece of tissue paper. So I was stunned to find this cute little wrist bag. Look at all the goodies she packed inside! From the top center are two needleminders Wawanna made for me, 5 yards of 2.5mm white pearl strand, packs of size 24 and 26 needles, fun heart-shaped rhinestones in shades of purple, 23 paper floss tags, a froggie thread picker (I think), some 6-strand cotton in bright colors, and the wrist bag itself.

I took this picture of the froggie to show you in better detail. Wawanna, he's sticking his tongue out at me! What is up with that?! It's bad enough that he attacks my stitching on a semi-regular basis, but does he have to flaunt it? This is too cute, though! I love everything! Once again you caught me unawares and I am floored by your generosity!

Because I didn't sleep enough last night I took a nap when I got home. I woke at 9:00 this evening and then made dinner and chatted with Debi and Frishawn online. I meant to get to my stitching but I just felt tired and think it'll be another early night despite the nap.

4 comments:

  1. Beth-

    Glad to hear you are doing better with the migraine...Have fun with MawMaw's quilt. I've seen the work someone else is doing on it and it is beautiful and I'd love to do it myself but don't like the colors and I'm not so confident in my ability to switch out colors yet.

    Jackie in CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky girl! What a nice gift - love the scarf. Hope you go on your trip and have lots of fun. By that time, the weather should be great. Stitching is coming along. Don't you just love MawMaw's Quilt? I've seen it stitched up and it's so pretty! Have a great day - glad your headache is finally gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you dear Beth, Happy Birthday to you!! (sung in my not so great singing voice...LOL).

    It is great to hear that the migraine hast left you...I think it came to me!

    All your goodies look great and so does the stitching.

    I hope you have a WONDERFUL day today!

    Shannon in PA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the floss color in LR -- looks great! Congrats on all your goodies. Are you sure the froggie is a thread picker? It kinda looks like a laying tool. Good luck with your mole and upcoming appointment. I hope you can make the retreat... they're always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!