Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

I woke up this morning and found these sitting on the table by my chair. Amy sent this wonderful arrangement and I had to call and thank her because an email just wouldn't do! We chatted for a little while and I look forward to many future talks. She is one amazing lady!

Just a note: all these pictures are clickable if you want to see them enlarged.

I know I said I was planning on leaving the laptop off so that I could stitch all day, but that didn't happen. Debi was the first to wish me a happy birthday just after midnight. While we were on the phone she told me that I had birthday wishes waiting for me. I went to answer them and got sucked in to reading the rest of the messages.


I asked Uncle Wes if he wanted to go to Sakura Steakhouse with me for a late lunch/early dinner. I made reservations for 3:00 and we went to enjoy a great meal. If you've never been to a Japanese Tappan restaurant, the food is all cooked right in front of you on a big grill table. The chef puts on an entertaining show while preparing everything.









Wes had the filet mignon and scallops while I had the filet and shrimp. The fried rice, appetizer, vegetables and hot tea all come with the meal. Sakura is the only place that serves ice cream I can eat. I'm not sure where they get it from, but their green tea ice cream is the smoothest, creamiest ice cream I've ever had. It also has a palate-cleansing flavor (or non-flavor, in this case) that isn't sweet at all. I really can't explain it, but I had Uncle Wes try some, too, so he could see what I meant.

I made sure to let our server know that I was going to order the ice cream because there was another birthday girl at a neighboring table and they brought out a piece of chocolate-covered cake for her. Since I'm not big on chocolate or cake I didn't want them to waste it on me. Here's what Scott brought out, while everyone at the table sang happy birthday to me.

When we returned home I went to soak in the bathtub with my book. I thought about taking a nap but never made it that far. Instead I dozed in the bathtub for a little bit and then came back out to the livingroom.
Once again the laptop sucked me in. While I was going through my email I found the second surprise of the day. Myrl, who RAK'd me with two HandBlessings charts last fall, has offered me the use of her 3 bedroom, 2 bath ocean front condo the weekend of Salty Yarns' Stitcher's Retreat! I couldn't believe it at first, so I read and re-read the email. Then I started jumping up and down. Kasey and Chet probably thought something was seriously wrong with me, but I couldn't help myself! This is just a dream come true! Thank you, Myrl!!

Late this evening I opened all my Birthday Floss Club cards. I belong to three BFC's so there were about twenty cards. I laid them all out on the dining room table collage-like with the floss on top of them. I still have about 10 more cards on the way, but this is what's arrived so far.

In case you're wondering, I haven't picked up a needle since the Thursday afternoon stitching group at Barnes and Noble. I'm hoping to change that tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Thank you to everyone for your birthday wishes!

Hugs,
Beth

9 comments:

  1. Oh baby! Happy Bithday!!

    BTW: Sakura's is the MOST Favorite place of hubby's and mine! Just one more thing we've got in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! It looks like you had a fabulous day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!. Sounds like you had a great time! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birtday! May your year be blessed with stitches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great birthday! And I want to wish you a happy birthday also! I can't think of anyone who deserves the best birthday more than you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez - I kept wondering how I'd missed anything about your BD, but I missed a day on the computer and didn't catch this post! Officially, a few days later, Happy Birthday!!
    Sounds like it was a good one. Great pic of you and your Uncle Wes. And of course, all the floss makes me drool! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like all your birthday gifts, surprises and goodies were wonderful this year!

    Nice - we are one year old, buy our bodies think we are 10 years older LMAO!!

    love you girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!