Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February 23, 2009

This morning I was awakened by a knock on the door. Since we get very few knocks at our door, I was hesitant to answer but when I looked out the window I saw a delivery van in the driveway. I was completely shocked to receive a second flower arrange-ment with a "Happy Birthday" message. I hardly ever receive flowers, and then only from my mom or my father and stepmother.

The card simply said "Happy 34th Birthday Beth!" There was no signature, but a telephone number was on the card so I called it. This beautiful arrangement of purple lilies is from Daniel. They're exquisite! Calla lilies are one of my favorite flowers. Thank you for remembering my birthday, Daniel! Yes, we will have to meet up for lunch sometime.


As you can see, my needles were smokin' today! Maybe I should complain about not being able to stitch at dialysis more. I say that because today I did stitch at dialysis! For some reason the machine didn't alarm and stop when I bent my elbow to hold my QSnaps. This is the result of my dialysis stitching and a couple hours at home. Yep! I even stitched at home this evening!


My headache started coming back towards the end of my treatment so I didn't turn on my laptop once I got home. It afforded me alot of stitching time after I ate dinner. I completed the top right corner border and varigated motif, the top left corner border, filled in the eight-pointed star, completed one four-part motif, and started another. I feel so much better now that I've put a major dent in this project.

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Daniel was mighty sweet. Enjoy. Yep - your needles are smoking - stitching is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are gorgeous!!! Your WIP is very pretty, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flowers are gorgeous!

    Your WIP is coming along nicely. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday to ya !!!Very nice surprise and the WIP is coming along nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers. You have made alot of progress on your wip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one is really coming along!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!