Friday, February 27, 2009

February 25, 2009

I didn't go to dialysis today because I could feel that headache trying to come back. I knew if I went to the clinic and sat under those fluorescent lights with the machines alarming around me I would be a goner. I've already toughed it through more than a week but today I stayed home with the lights and television off and stitched on Lasseter's Reef.
Today's mail brought more birthday goodies. Debi surprised me with the complete silk pack of Vikki Clayton's Hand-Dyed Fibers for Maw Maw's Quilt by M Designs. The chart arrived from Wawanna last week. Lynn in TX sent "February" Amethyst & Violet from The Monthly Birthstone Sampler Collection by The Sweetheart Tree and the card and floss are from Laura. You all are too much! I am very grateful for your generosity.

I forgot to include these in yesterday's post. Cards and floss arrived from Sue, Chris, and Kim W. Chris also included the birthday confetti in her card. More fibers to feel and fondle...mmm! Thank you, ladies!

Since Carol was going to be there, I went to the stitch-in at Borders. Kasey and I went up in the elevator without mishap. I think the main reason I had a problem last time is because I was looking down, so I made sure to keep my eyes on the ceiling to see if that would help. I'm not sure if it was that or something else, but I felt fine after getting off the elevator.
Kim W joined us tonight and we had a great time talking and stitching. Carol worked on her BRD gameboard and Kim was working on Comfort & Joy. I'm closer to finishing LR than I was this morning, but I was hoping it would be complete. There's always tomorrow!

In order to avoid another possible issue with the elevator, Carol took Kasey down in it and I used the escalator. As soon as the elevator door opened, Kasey came running at me. Carol said said Kasey sat when she told her to, but all bets were off when the door opened. I didn't do any stitching after returning home because exhaustion seemed to just come out of nowhere. After reading a few emails and talking to Debi I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!