Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2, 2009

Well, the rubberized fingertip experiment was a galactic failure. I only had them on for about a minute. It seems one cannot feel what one is touching when one wears them, so stitching while wearing rubberized fingertips just does not work. I tried them yesterday and forgot to tell you about it. I'll be taking them back to Staples ASAP.

I woke up this morning to the distant sound of Uncle Wes's favorite toy: the snowblower. By the time I got out of bed at 10:15 he'd already done three passes on our driveway and completed the neighbor's driveway. He was out until after noon working on the other neighbors' driveways and had coffee at Ms. Peggy's as her thank-you to him.

Once again I was unable to stitch at dialysis. I wound up watching television and taking a nap. I thought about pulling ASC out of my stitching bag, but my arm hurt from the needles shifting. I wish I could do something instead of just sit there, but moving my arm is out of the question. The last thing I need is for one of the needles to infiltrate my CryoVein.


This is today's progress, as little as it is. I was in a funky mood tonight so did not do any stitching upon returning home from dialysis. The four corner motifs were done in the wee hours this morning, before I went to bed.

If I feel well enough, tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I have several errands to take care of. I even made a list this time, so that I don't forget anything while I'm out.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Beth!

    Sorry to hear that the rubber gripies did not work for you. Hopefully you will find a solution soon. Your stitching looks great.
    Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One suggestion: Could you either wear unpowdered surgical gloves, or finger cots (little finger gloves) on the fingers you use for sewing?

    Ops, I guess I have a second suggestion. What about doing your reading at dialysis?

    I am stunned by how beautiful your progress is on the needles page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that your progress looks amazing! Great job, sorry that were not able to stitch during dialysis though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry the fingertips didn't work. I was pulling for you that you'd have success. A Stitcher's Companion looks great! Have a wonderful day!


    Amy

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!