Happy Birthday to Chetter-Bug! My Bug is 15 today. To celebrate, he was served a whole can of tuna fish. Chet was nice enough to leave a little for Kasey to lick up, but he ate almost the entire thing. Tuna fish is Chet's favorite, in case you couldn't tell.Kasey has an upset tummy and is being fed rice along with her dry food. Cherie also reminded me that I have some essential oils that can help her, so I mixed some lavender oil, peppermint oil, and canola oil (to dilute the essential oils to prevent irritation) to rub on Kasey's belly. She promptly fell asleep on her couch and didn't move for more than two hours. If she's not better by Thursday, we are going to the vet.
Today was a day for errands! I went out and got my hair cut and styled, stopped at Wawa to re-charge my gift card, and then went home to get Kasey. I took her to Muddy Paw Wash (soon to be renamed Bark 'n Bean) where she went bonkers upon our arrival. She was a whirling dervish, running from one person to another to say hello. Mike took her to the wash area while I enjoyed a large Chai (free with the frequent visitor bonus) and talked with the girls in the lounge. On the way to Muddy Paw, we stopped at the Post Office so that I could get more stamps and send out my OW~OH giveaways. You can start stalking your mailmen tomorrow, ladies!
After leaving MPW I stopped by the Goodyear shop and made an appointment to get the back tires of Kasey's truck replaced. They gave me a better price for on-the-rim-and-out-the-door, plus road hazzard, than Mr Tire (who did the front tires) so I'm having them do the work this time. They're going to do the tires tomorrow while I wait so I'll be able to drive myself to dialysis afterwards.
I also returned the rubberized fingertips to Staples today. No questions asked, they refunded my money for the two boxes I'd purchased on Sunday. Thank you, Staples! They just didn't do what I needed them to do. One cannot stitch if one is unable to feel the needle!
Staples was our last stop before returning home, where I (obviously) played online today. After getting through all my emails and chatting for about an hour with the ladies in one of my groups, I watched a Hallmark movie, the 11 o'clock news, and Jay Leno before turning off the tv. While I was watching television I changed my blog background and text colors. I finally found a purple background I liked! What do you think? Please let me know if you have difficulty reading anything. That's one of my pet peeves about using different colors. Sometimes I think the blog owner doesn't go back and look at what they've created. If they re-read everything, they'd see that some colors make the words indecipherable.
No stitching today, but tomorrow will be different! Not only will I have about an hour while the tires are getting changed, but also Carol and I are meeting at Border's Books tomorrow evening to stitch together. I'll let you know how I do with the elevator. Maybe it was just a one-time thing.
I know I said Kasey has an upset tummy and I took her out with me. Don't worry, she is acting like she's at 100%. I'm not being a mean mommy by taking her out when she's sick. As a matter of fact, she probably would have read me the riot act if I tried to leave her home the second time I went out. She just had nasties coming out the hind end and she is asking to go outside a little more frequently than usual. If I didn't pay such close attention to her, I wouldn't even know something wasn't right. Nothing in her behavior, besides going outside more, indicates that she's feeling poorly. I'm just concerned because if it's something she ate, it should clear up in a few days.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Happy Birthday to Chet from all the doggies in the pack over here. :)
ReplyDeleteI really like your new blog colors...love the purple!
ReplyDeleteBeth-
ReplyDeleteI just had a quick idea for you seeing as the rubber fingers didn't work. Have you tried the latex finger cots (you can get them at the pharmacy)?? They are used over cuts/abrasions on the finger when you have to keep it dry to heal. Just a thought for you...
Jackie in CT
Happy belated Birthday Chetter Bug!!!
ReplyDeleteHope Kasey starts feeling better soon.
I love the new look on the blog and can read it all. I'm with you on the not paying attention to the colors. I always go back to make sure it's clear and then try to tweak the colors to match but not make you go cross-eyed. LOL
Have fun with Carol at Border's this evening. Hope that the elevator issue was just a one time thing. Oh and I did find the post and e-mailed the person about the gloves. I will get back with you as soon as I hear back from her.
Happy birthday, Chetter-bug!! Does this kitty have as much attitude as it looks like? Whew! Love your new side borders by the way.
ReplyDeleteLove the look of the blog! It looks great! I hope that Chetter-Big at a great birthday!!!! Beautiful!!! I do hope that Kasey is feeling better too!
ReplyDeleteLove the background colour but if the font was in bold it would be easier to read, I find the intrusion of the looped daisy like motif half way up the page rather distracting as it encroches onto the text when trying to read it
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Chetter-bug! Love the purple but I must admit I am not crazy about the outer borders. Too busy for my eyes at least today. Have fun at stitching!
ReplyDeleteHope your baby is better tomorrow! I love the pic of your Chet - too cute!
ReplyDeleteBackground looks great! Where do you get the side borders - I really love the whole look.