I did some stitching early this afternoon while waiting for my truck. I completed three more corner motifs on Panel 1. New back tires have been put on, and then I took it up to my shop where they re-torqued the lug nuts. Seems the tire place turned them all too tight. They got the air pressure right, though! The last tire shop didn't even do that.
Kasey and I returned home and I ate my lunch. I left for dialysis, got there a little early and then heard the words I've been dreading since my graft was replaced in August: You're clotted. That's it! No dialysis today! The nurse called my vascular surgeon right away and I've just received my instructions for tomorrow.
I have to be at the hospital at 3:00pm, surgery is at 5:00 and it sounds like they're going to try to de-clot the graft. I'll be home tomorrow evening, but I'll be groggy and probably just go right to bed. It's not a complicated procedure at all, and isn't even done in OR. It's done in radiology because they shoot dye into the graft, pull the clot out through a needle, and the dye shows them when bloodflow has been restored. It's just frustrating, because I had 6 surgeries on my dialysis access last year and this new graft was supposed to last longer. I don't consider 6 months "longer."
I'm going to go do some stitching on A Stitcher's Companion, eat and drink til 8 hours before surgery, and go meet Carol for some stitching fun tonight at Border's Books.
UPDATE: Kasey and I met Carol in the food court of Annapolis Mall for dinner. Kasey didn't like all the noise and bustle, but fell asleep beside my feet after I put some Peace& Calming oil on her foot. She was spooked by the mechanical rides for the kids. Once she figured out the carousel was moving in place and not coming to get her she was okay, though. This was the first time she's been in a big, crowded area and I feel she did very well over all. At first she wanted to cling to my side and not lay down but the P&C helped with her nervousness.
Stitching-wise, I completed the eight small motifs in each of the corners of Panel 1. Carol and I had a very nice time stitching in the Borders cafe. I'm hoping I can stitch while I wait for my procedure time, but it all depends on where they place my IV. If I can't stitch, I have my iPod to listen to and I'm taking a book as well.
I will take a picture later to post, but right now I need to go back to bed.
Hugs,
Beth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Sorry to hear of your problems with the cryo-vein...good luck with the procedure to unblock it. I will have you in my thoughts today...
ReplyDeletePraying for a quick and easy procedure. :) Hang in there! Hope this one lasts longer.
ReplyDeleteBeth,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear about the clot. I will send positive thoughts your direction.
Hugs and happy thoughts,
Lisa in CA
I wish you all the best for your clot removal. I hope it all goes smoothly and you are fit and well afterwards
ReplyDelete(((hugs)))
gaynor
I'll be keeping positive thoughts for you! Are you eligible for a transplant someday?
ReplyDeleteI'm saying a prayer that all goes well for you today. I hope the prcedure is quick and you are home before you know it.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes well at the hospital, sending good thoughts your way!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you have to go for surgery hope everything turns out fine and I will pray for you and you will be in my thoughts
ReplyDeleteBeth,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry this had to happen; you've been through enough. I'm sending prayers and good karma your way for an easy go of it during surgery. Casey, Cheddar and all of us will be waiting to hear from you.
Damn, damn, damn!!!!
ReplyDeleteand that's all i have to say about that.
I'm so sorry to hear of the clot, and so soon too? Stupid clot! hope you have a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteOh Beth, warm hugs and prayers for your surgery to go well. Are you waiting for a transplant?
ReplyDelete