Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 28, 2009

Since I've put A Stitcher's Companion aside before finishing it into the book, I picked up an old UFO to stitch. I also wanted to take a break from cross stitch for a little while so I chose a needlepoint project. This is Purple Passion Butterfly by Northern Pine Designs. I acquired the kit at the EGA stash swap in November. I had to frog the outline because of a previous mistake, but this is my progress as of midnight.

I really enjoy all the different stitches, but had some difficulty with their placement. As a matter of fact, I'm going to frog the area on the right wing that's inside the diamond. I left it in so that I could stitch the other wing correctly and have the correct stitches as reference.

My thread puller has been getting alot of work lately. He needs a vacation. Can he come visit you? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese??


This arrived in today's mail. I thought the "Plain Brown Wrapper" was hilarious. It reminds me of the plain brown packaging in which men recieve their girlie magazines. Inside were pictures of all StitchBitch's designs and two charts from my wishlist.



The package was from Pirjo in Finland and is my Wishlist Exchange in the Chatty Stitching Exchangers group. The ornaments are going to be presents for two ladies who will thoroughly appreciate them.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely butterfly!! I can not wait to see more progress on this piece, it looks like it will be just gorgeous!! Nope, your thread puller can not come visit me as mine stays busy enough! LOL Great goodies in the mail!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!