Monday, March 30, 2009

March 29, 2009

Well, here I am. Two days in a row! I'm getting back into the swing of things blogging- and stitching-wise. I spent the majority of the day working on Purple Passion Butterfly by Northern Pine Designs. All that's left are two Jessica stitches and the couching of the antennae.

I wish this picture could show you the textures of the different stitches. It is much prettier in person. I contemplated finishing this into the necklace like the model, but I think I would rather like to see it framed.

5 comments:

  1. Beth,
    The butterfly is beautiful. The colors are so rich; and while you apologize for the quality of the photo - the stitches really make the butterfly standout. How symbolic to stitch a butterfly as you are "getting back into the swing of things". For a butterfly can symbolize life...coming out of a cocoon, getting his wings, and flying.
    Glad to hear you are getting your wings again!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. the butterfly is beautiful and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so wonderful! I wish I could come and see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Beth, you have been busy. everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I enjoy watching your projects progress.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!