Thursday, April 9, 2009

April 7-8, 2009

I won't bore you with the lack of details, so just suffice it to say I've done no stitching in the last two days. I also haven't beaten my Mah Jong high score, either. I've tried really hard, though!

Dialysis has been going good lately, so no news there. What can I say? It's been pretty boring around here.

Kasey made Uncle Wes take her for three walks today since it was his day off and she didn't feel like going for a walk on Monday or Tuesday. It is so funny because she will just get up from where ever she was sleeping and stumble (and I mean that literally) down the basement steps. She walks into his den and starts doing her dance. If he ignores her, she starts barking at him. And if he takes too long, she starts moaning, which is more like a yawn and a moan combined; it's loud! That's her I'm-ready-to-go-and-you're-holding-me-up moan. She does the same thing to me when I tell her "let's go." That's her que that she's going to work.

As for her stumbling down the steps, I really don't know what to tell you. She also stumbles going UP steps. I think it has to do with our basement steps being painted, because she isn't that graceless when we're at Mom's. She doesn't fall down the entire staircase, but she does slip and slide down the last few. We've learned not to interrupt her on her way up or down. I love my girl, but it's almost as if she can't think about anything else when she's on a staircase. If she tries to, that's when she gets in trouble. Yanno, she was blonde when she was a baby! lol

I guess it's apparent who runs this house, huh? She's so cute about it, though! She doesn't ask for much and she is an absolute delight to be around. She's happy as long as she is around people, preferably me. Everyone that has watched her for me (Mom & Uncle Wes included) tells me that she is much calmer when she has me close by. That goes both ways, though, so I don't mind at all!

I will have a stitching update tomorrow! It's Thursday, so Kasey and I will be going to Barnes & Noble for the afternoon stitching group. I also have a stitching group on Friday night at Borders. Everyone wanted to have an extra day and I never pass up an opportunity to get out and stitch.

I will be missing Monday night's stitching group at Border's because I'm heading to Mom's with Kasey right after dialysis. We're staying up there with her and her new dog, Ricco, and Jake. Dad will be in Texas on business and Mom likes having company when he's away.

This is a pic of Mom's new boy, Ricco. He is a 13-year-old Spitz/Golden Retriever mix. His owners could no longer keep him because they are busy with work and a new baby. They contacted the local Golden Retriever rescue group about giving Ricco to them, but he didn't have enough Golden in him to qualify. The intake coordinator did, however, get them in touch with Mom and they brought Ricco to her over the weekend. Since he wasn't actually IN rescue, she didn't have to pay the adoption fee. Luckily Ricco and Mom's old guy, Jake, are getting along, so it looks like Ricco is there to stay. I love happy endings!

I just wanted to pop in and post a quick update so no one worries about me. I'm doing good, but just haven't been in a stitching mood. Nothing monumental has happened, so I didn't think I had much to write about. I guess that's what I get for thinking!

3 comments:

  1. Ricco looks a lot like my old dog Bud. He was an Eskimo mix and lived to be 16.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricco is gorgeous!!!! Glad that things have been going well for you! Sometimes no news is good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricco is so pretty! Glad he was able to find a home with your mom! Our four month old baby and our last retreiver, Indiana, are and were absolute klutzes on the stairs. Must be in the genes or something!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!