Saturday, April 11, 2009

April 9, 2009

Kasey and I are both wiped out from all our running around today! After stitching at Barnes & Noble until 5pm with Pam and Alice, we went on a hunt for reading sunglasses. We visited three CVS stores, Nordstrom, and For Eyes and only found 1.5 diopter bifocals which left me dizzy and with a headache. I'm just going to get the over-the-prescription sunglasses.

When we finally got back to the house at 7:30, I took Kasey for a short walk down the driveway and stopped by next door to talk to Miss Peggy. She told me that she recently started a new project, and I asked if she'd like me to show her some of my stitching. She said that she's been really disappointed with the lack of selection at the local stores and I told her there were lots of online stores, different fibers, colored fabrics, and stitching accessories.

I came back to the house and gathered a variety of charts, fibers, and fabrics along with my portfolio of finishes. We spent two hours looking at everything, discussing the online stitching world, and just visiting. It was a very nice time. I left Miss Peggy with the web addresses of a couple ONS's, the LNS, and the online needlework show. I didn't want to give her sensory overload!

REMINDER: The Online Needlework Show is April 15-20 at www.needleworkshow.com Look through the vendors' pages and sign up for as many door prizes as you can!

I did much more stitching at B&N this week than I did last week. I am very happy with my progress thus far. I love this little sampler because it's not just cross stitch. Today I completed the blue parts of the hearts and started on the red stripes.

I've found that I'm actually enjoying needlepoint projects much more than the cross stitch ones. The only problem with that is that the NP uses a larger variety of fibers which cost more than the usual cross stitch fibers. I'm just glad I don't like painted canvases because those run into the hundreds of dollars for just one. I definitely prefer the charted designs.

1 comment:

  1. Your WIP is looking fantastic! It sounds like a busy time but a good time that you had!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!