Monday, June 29, 2009

More Details on that Small Project

First, I'd like to thank everyone for the time they've taken to provide detailed explanations of their suggestions.

I also need to clear up a couple points:

1) The area to be stitched is 3" x 2". The canvas is smaller than 18ct. I'm guessing it's 22ct, but I have not measured it.

2) I was given the Vineyard Silk with which to stitch the design. The black (for the background) has a strand of blending filament in it so there is a sparkle to it.

3) I don't like pink. Can't stand it! So I'm thinking the tulips will be yellow because purple and yellow are complimentary colors.

4) The tulips are painted a darker shade on the bottom and lighter on top.

To expand on the yellow theme, I only have one yellow silk: Belle Soie Mango. It does have some color variation, but I don't believe it will be enough for the tulips. I have a DMC Perle in 745 that is slightly lighter than the Mango. That is one option.

The other option, and the one gaining more favor the longer I think about it, is to use the Marigold Weeks thread that I used in "Don't Cross Me When I'm Stitchin'" It blends from yellow to light orange and would provide enough of a color difference so that only one floss is used. There would be no difference in the texture of the fibers as with the DMC/Belle Soie.

I will take pictures and post for you tonight. Right now, I'm about 5 minutes away from being late for dialysis!

Happy stitching! I'll be at Borders tonight if anyone is in Annapolis and wants to come stitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!