Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 13, 2009 - Test Day

Well, I did it! I woke up before noon! I was at the college between 10 and 11:00am. I went to the admissions office first and spoke briefly with the Admissions Advisor. Then he sent me to another building to take the English and Math placement tests. Kasey slept on the floor behind me while I completed the tests.

They give you the results while you wait, so I wasn't held in suspense. My English score was high enough to get me out of ENG 111 and ENG 112. I only have to take the highest English class AACC offers, ENG 121. Math, on the other hand, I need a refresher. I have to take the highest non-credit math course before I am allowed to enroll in college-level math. It's called MA 012, and I was told it's basically Algebra 2. That's not bad, considering I haven't had any math since the first semester of my Senior year of high school. That was almost 17 years ago! I was pretty happy with both results.

Dialysis went as usual and I came home to get my overnight bag, Kasey, and my laptop. We headed across the Bay Bridge without hitting any backups. Then when I got almost to the rest stop on 301N, I realized I couldn't find my cell phone. I pulled over at the rest stop to look through my purse, stitching bag, and overnight bag. No cell phone!

HOW am I supposed to live without that?! Especially since it's the only phone I have and I'm still waiting for the Disability Services office to call me with an appointment date and time. AKKK!

I thought about turning around to get it, but I couldn't see paying the bridge toll and making a 65-mile detour for a cell phone. I'll be home Wednesday morning, anyway.

I stopped by Joe & Susan's to give them Mom's house number because they only had the cell number, too. When Joe and I spoke yesterday he mentioned that he was going to be in DC all day and Sue had to be at the theatre but he wasn't sure how they were going to get her to the train. I volunteered to take her, because the train station was straight up I-95 in Wilmington.

Sue called me after I left dialysis and we agreed to leave at 9:30 Tuesday morning. She also asked me if I wouldn't mind trimming Shandi for her. Joe did it last winter and neither Sue nor I were pleased with the fact that he trimmed off her ears and all of her feathering, along with the over-growth of hair she develops because of being spayed. Instead of looking like a Saluki, people mistake Shandi for an Afghan Hound because she has a perfect red saddle with white cottony hair all over.

I raised Shandi until she was 5 1/2 years old and had clipped her down many times, so I told Sue it would be no problem.

I drove on to Mom's, arriving right around 9p.m. Mom was in the craft room ironing her new curtains, so I sat in the glider to keep her company. We watched some tv and talked for a while. When she was done, she went downstairs to go to bed and I broke out the laptop to update FaceBook. It was an early night for both of us because Mom had to work in the morning and I had to drive Sue to the train.

While I was waiting for my test results at AACC, I was able to do some stitching on Ocean Star. I decided that I wanted to do an easy part so I began working on the border.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on doing well on your tests! Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!