Thursday, July 9, 2009

July 8, 2009

I did a tiny bit of stitching late tonight but neglected to take a picture. Oh, well!

Tomorrow is going to be a very long day for me. First is Barnes & Noble stitching group, followed directly by my appointment with the Dept of Rehabilitation Services counselor, and finally grocery shopping with Sarah-sans children and dog! Kasey will be accompanying me to B&N and DoRS, but there won't be room in the truck for her with all the groceries.

I had alot of preparation to do for tomorrow's meeting at DoRS, too. I've decided I definitely will not go after the Medical Coding Certificate. Why? Well, the courses you have to take include: Diseases of the Human Body, Systems of the Human Body, Pharmacology for Medical Professions, as well as Medical Coding. I'm a dialysis patient. I go to a clinic three times a week, see a doctor once a week (at least), and see a nurse three days a week. I live in a medical environment. And I pass out at gory pictures and the sight of blood. I do NOT need to add more medical knowledge to my repertoire. I'm pretty well-versed in the shitty things my body can do to itself, thanks!

I've decided to pursue a career doing what I love and what I'm good at: Writing/Editing. Whether that takes me down the path to a degree in English or Journalism is yet to be seen. I have to go to the college to meet with a disability advisor and an academic advisor to decide what courses I need to take at the community college and what classes should wait until I transfer to university. Since both offices are open Saturday, I will try to go then.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I think that you definitely have enough medical opportunities in your life - so pursuing another path makes A LOT of sense. Writing/editing sound like a great direction - and there maybe some other thoughts the academic advisor might have that you haven't even thought of. There seems to be more types of classes being offered now-a-days than in years past (especially 20 years ago...my last experience with higher learning). Have fun - can't wait to hear about the meeing.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!