Kasey and I left for Barnes & Noble at 12:45, stopping at my doctor's office along the way to get a referral for an appointment I have tomorrow morning. We arrived at B&N shortly after 1pm and stitched until 3:52. I made decent progress on Ocean Star despite chatting with a new member, Kathy, about online jobs, school, and networking. I'm so glad I was there today! Kathy is going to be a huge help in getting my resume, Visual CV, and job search kick-started.I was supposed to be at DoRS at 4:00. I kept checking the time and somehow that last 40 minutes got away from me. I looked at my phone at 3:08 and the next thing I knew it was 3:52! Why does that always happen?
I made it across town in record time, but I was five minutes late for my appointment. Since Sue was 20 minutes late for our last one, I knew she wouldn't mind. She and I discussed my findings regarding the Medical Coding Certificate at AACC and when she heard how long it takes and the courses required, even she didn't want me going that route. She agreed it was too much medicalese.
I told her that my heart was still with proofreading/writing/editing and she checked my career assessment, her notes, and the DoRS rules and I now have the go-ahead to get my four-year degree! The community college doesn't offer a Journalism or English course of study, so I will have to create my own. After looking at the University of Maryland's course requirements for Journalism, that's not really the route I want to take, either. I'm pretty sure I'll wind up being an English major once I transfer to a four-year university. I don't want to be a reporter, I want to be a writer and or editor.
My next step is to apply to Anne Arundel Community College and meet with the Disability Services and Academic Advisors. I have to have an appointment for the DSS office, but Academic Advising is on a walk-in basis.
After my appointment with Sue, Kasey and I went home to wait for Sarah to call. Once she got home I went over to pick her up and we headed to our first stop. We went to Food Lion, Trader Joe's, and Shoppers Food. We got back to my house and brought all my groceries in. Sarah helped me by taking some of the meats down to the chest freezer in the basement. We left all the non-perishables in the kitchen while I took her home. Tyler helped unload all their groceries and I headed back home. It was 11:30 by the time I arrived back home. Then I had to finish putting all my groceries away.
Kasey helped though! When I stepped into the kitchen I found an empty bag. It had been 24 Martin's Party Rolls. She ate every single one. I let her live, but only because I had six more packages of them. I eat them for snacks all the time. Anna and Caleb love them, too. So I bought every one that Food Lion had. Sarah bought the one pack that Shoppers had because she had to try them after I told her how good they were.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Beth, I love the look of your new blog. Everything looks really great. Your Ocean Star looks so cooooooooool. Great work! I cannot wait for your next update.
ReplyDelete