I went to dialysis today and was discussing the problems that occurred during Wednesday's treatment when I discovered my access had no blood flow. The charge nurse called the vascular surgeon right away and within an hour I was at the hospital for an emergency fistulagram (I just had one 10 days ago).
I was awake for part of the procedure and heard the doc say he didn't trust the graft to stay open, so he put a perma cath in through my neck and coming out on my chest. I woke up after about 3 hours of sleep tonight and again found no palpable "pumping" through the graft.
This means that not only will have I have keep the perma cath for the unforseeable future, but also I will require a 13th arm surgery to replace the graft (again). Following today's emergency surgery, the incisions in my arm make it too painful to stitch so I don't even have that to occupy myself. I guess I will be watching alot of classic movies and reading some books this weekend!
This means that not only will have I have keep the perma cath for the unforseeable future, but also I will require a 13th arm surgery to replace the graft (again). Following today's emergency surgery, the incisions in my arm make it too painful to stitch so I don't even have that to occupy myself. I guess I will be watching alot of classic movies and reading some books this weekend!
I start college as a freshman on the 24th and would appreciate your thoughts and prayers as I deal with this challenging situation Fate has put in my path. Added to all this is the fact I'm already scheduled for surgery to replace the stents that hold open my kidneys and ureters. I'm not looking forward to any of this but it sure beats the alternative!
Thank you in advance!











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Hi Beth,
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you as you start your college career! I can see from your blog that you are bright & motivated; hold on to that! Enjoy your classes, and listen carefully, read between the lines; the profs will tell you what they want you to know for their exams! Stay strong! Denise
Sorry to hear about your health issues. It must get old. And to come right when you are trying to start school must be very frustrating.
ReplyDeleteOh honey, you are so in my prayers! This is just the worst timing, hope your pain eases off for the next few days. You have had more then your share of tragic events, it's so hard to understand why bad things happen to such good people, and you are one of the best in my opinion. Am praying for you even as I write this, lots of hugs and kisses.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about what you're facing. I'll hold you in thought and prayer. Hopefully, your school can help you keep your mind off of it all. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of your troubles. Sending good thoughts your way for healing and best wishes for your college courses.
ReplyDeleteOh Sweety, I am so sorry that this is all going on. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for sure!!! I am sure that you will be able to handle it all well, you are a very strong woman!!
ReplyDelete