| The Buttons for my FLS |
Last Friday I put the finishing touches on the sweater that made me want to learn to knit. It's called the February Lady Sweater. Don't ask me why. But the lace bottom and sleeves appealed to me and I wanted one, especially when I saw a friend's version made from a gorgeous variegated blue/purple cotton. I had to have one. She generously gave her blessing for me to make my own "one day." Well, "one day" is here!
| May 13, 2011 February Lady Completed |
| Trellis Shawl in Plum |
| Ocean Wave in Chung King Mansion |
| Billie Holiday Feathered Cowl |
All these progress pictures were taken last night, and all three projects were started since last Friday.
Also since last Friday, I've completed two pairs of Duffers, felted slippers. They're not felted yet, but I'm hoping to do that this coming weekend when I'm at my brother's. This is an uber-easy 19-row pattern that results in awesome wear-around-the-house slippers. The ribbed bottom ensures they don't slide on smooth floors. To date I've made seven pairs of them. I have plans to make two more pairs. When complete, Mom, Ian's girlfriend (Brigitte), my aunt, her daughter, my oldest niece, and Ian's girlfriend's daughters (also my nieces-Sierra & Micaela) will all have a pair. Of course I kept a pair of purple ones for myself. I wear them all the time.
Some things have changed from my last post. First, I switched around my classes for Summer Term because I found out there's a lab science that is all online! I don't have to worry about spilling chemicals or scaring Kasey with Bunsen burners anymore. It's a meteorology course, so we just use the instruments the bookstore provides to measure rain, temperature, etc. for the lab assignments. Also, I decided not to take ASL in an accelerated format; I'm taking it in the Fall. Instead, I've signed up for a Digital Design course. I've registered for 10 credits but I will only take 9 at the most. I'm waiting to hear from the school whether any classes are cancelled for low enrollment before I decide which class I'm going to drop. Right now, the top on my list to go is the Digital Design. It won't transfer to my 4-year school, anyway. Unfortunately, one of the education courses is the one that looks like it'll be cancelled. School should be making the call today.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




That is some really beautiful yarn you are using. And your February Lady sweater is stunning.
ReplyDelete(BTW, it is called February Lady because it is based on an Elizabeth Zimmermann baby sweater pattern in her book Knitter's Almanac, for the month of February.)
Thank you for that! I knew the pattern was taken from an EZ sweater, but the February part was never explained. That solves the mystery.
ReplyDeleteWhat gorgeous colors. I love the purple yarn too. It's wonderful. Keep up the good work!!
ReplyDelete