So Summer term started today. I've been working on my online Fundamentals of Weather coursework since Friday night when the online classes became available. I only have one more assignment to do for Week 1. My Water Aerobics course started today. It was definitely a workout, which I seriously need. Classes are Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons, so I'll be in the pool three days a week. I'm hoping for some muscle tone in a body that has been mostly sedentary for far too long. Part of that I had no control over, but I should have gotten moving before now. Speaking of moving, my Golden Girl was in a down-stay for over 30 minutes! She was awesome and didn't come to the side of the pool to bark at me or come in the water to rescue me. I'd had visions of both, as she's done both before, so I was very proud of her. The lifeguard, who happens to be the head of the Health & Physical Education Department at my school was also impressed with Kasey Kay.
Tonight was also the induction ceremony for Chi Alpha Epsilon National Honor Society. Here's me, corded & pinned:
Of course Kasey was with me. She enjoyed the reception food after the ceremony. She indulged in several cheese cubes, a cream puff, some meatballs, and a bowl of ice water to wash it all down. I'm pretty sure she had a good time because she's been sleeping since 8 o'clock when we got home.
We had a pretty quiet weekend last weekend and I was glad to be free of the thunderstorms that have been occurring on an almost-daily basis for the past week. I tried taking a nap the previous Sunday and was rudely awakened by a panicking Golden Girl. She does not like the boomers.
As for my knitting, I'm progressing on my cowl because it's the easiest to knit. I haven't touched the Trellis Shawl since my last progress picture, and progress on the tank top is quite slow as it's a 6-stitch repeat. I'm going to try to resist the temptation to start something else when I finish the cowl, though. I want the shawl and the tank to be finished by September so they can be entered in the county fair. If it's done early enough, I will also enter the Trellis in the State Fair. We'll see what happens.
We had a pretty quiet weekend last weekend and I was glad to be free of the thunderstorms that have been occurring on an almost-daily basis for the past week. I tried taking a nap the previous Sunday and was rudely awakened by a panicking Golden Girl. She does not like the boomers.
As for my knitting, I'm progressing on my cowl because it's the easiest to knit. I haven't touched the Trellis Shawl since my last progress picture, and progress on the tank top is quite slow as it's a 6-stitch repeat. I'm going to try to resist the temptation to start something else when I finish the cowl, though. I want the shawl and the tank to be finished by September so they can be entered in the county fair. If it's done early enough, I will also enter the Trellis in the State Fair. We'll see what happens.











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




Try again. The first comment just disappeared somewhere into the ether. I hope you do well with your pieces at the fair. And I'm glad you had a fairly good weekend. We've had some real boomers here lately too. Luckily, Yes Dear doesn't get nervous, and neither do I.
ReplyDelete