
I will be starting Sarah Edwards 1796 soon. I finally got the correct fabric for it (thank you Carla!!), but I've changed all the colors. This is designed in pastel colors and I am not a pastel kind of girl. Also, this is a reproduction of a sampler stitched in 1796, and the bright colors didn't say "1796" to me. I've been wanting to stitch this chart for so long, but I can't decide on the exact shades I want to do it in. I've chosen the color families, but would like you to vote on the exact shades. I'm hoping that these colors are truly visible, as I took the pictures on the front porch in the sunlight since it was so nice out today. To the right is a sample of what I need. The only color that is a definite is the Pecan. You are voting on one each of the other five. Thank you for your help!











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">








Hi! Beth love your blog I am a member at CSE board. Do you have a pic of the sampler you are wanting to start? I like the colors in the top pic good combo to me!
ReplyDeleteAre the colors you want to use already in that group picture? If so I think you should leave those colors...they look great together :-)
ReplyDeleteI picked out the ones I like, hope you like the colors we choose for you, happy stitching in 2008. Lisa -TX
ReplyDeleteHi Beth! I can perhaps help a little with this hint. The reason a 1796 sampler is usually color keyed to pastel colors is so the stitched sampler would look most realistic of that time period. No color dyes were color fast back then. Since your color preferences is not in pastels, I suggest trying to obtain a "washout" or a "faded look" color scheme in your floss color choices. I tried to pick out the colors that not only looked good together, but have a "washed out color look" too. Sometimes my choice wasn't the popular choice in the voting so that is why I am writing. A second hint. You have the correct idea by taking the photos outside in sunlight; however, not everyone's monitor or computer screen is color calibrated the same way. Not everyone is seeing the same floss colors in your photos. I know this fact from my photography classes & I wanted to be sure you were aware of this fact. Use your poll results as a general guide and do toss the winners together. If one or 2 floss color(s) look out of place from the rest, see if the
ReplyDelete2nd place winner of that color family in the poll looks better in your eyes instead. Differences in colors on different computer screens CAN make that much of a difference! Not everyone voting is thinking of faded or washed out color choices either like I am. That is a choice you may want to decide before or after you see the vote totals from your poll. Always do your floss toss in sunlight or at least by a sunny window. You are the one that needs to be happy with the end result in your finished stitchery! HTH!
Sincerely, CarolynM in Texas
Hi Beth, I just voted for my color choices, hope it helps you out. Would love to see a pic of what you are stitching? Angela(CSE)
ReplyDelete