Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cutting Back on Email

The other thing keeping me from stitching is email. There are over 150 unread digests in my inbox. Considering it takes about 30 minutes to read a digest, do you have any idea how long it would take to get through them? How much time away from stitching that would be?

So that brings me to the second realization of the week: I'm sick and tired of reading email all day Saturday and Sunday, not to mention all those evenings after dialysis. I don't get to participate in any group activities because I'm so busy reading emails from two weeks ago in another group. Can you imagine how much stitching I could've had done if I didn't spend almost every weekend reading email?!

I'm done!

I decided to unsub from the very chattiest of my groups, go no mail on more, and leave the three least chatty on individual email. I really hated unsubscribing from CSF and ILCS, but I had to. I haven't read anything in either group for weeks. CSF and ILCS are just too chatty for me, especially ILCS. I really believe the group is too large. There's no way I can get through the 7-8 digests a day it generates. By the time I read about it it's been done and over with for days. Miss Deborah keeps me apprised of what's going on there, anyway.

Since I have decided The Challenge was the real cause of my slump, as well as the only reason I remained in 2MuchXS, it made sense to unsub from it as well.

So if I was in a group and you don't see me post anymore, you know why.

Okay, the serious stuff is over...time for fun!

Let's go do some stitchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!