Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7, 2008

Around midnight, I took all my overdyes, silks, and metallics and spread everything out on a white piece of cloth at the dining room table. I spent hours looking at different combinations and finally came up with what you see to the left.

Let the PURPLE-Y-NESS commence!

At the top is Dragon Floss by Polstitches' #17 Friendship with Kreinik #8 braid 9294. Moving counter-clockwise is Berry Twist by Six Strand Sweets and Kreinik 9400. Next is Royal Purple by GAST and Rainbow Galleries' Nordic Gold. Finally, I used Six Strand Sweets' Witches Brew and Kreinik 023. The stars repeat, continuing counter-clockwise on the right side of the center stars. The blank spaces inside the stars will be filled in with DMC 4030, a varigated turquoise.

I also chose the 4 colors for the ring of small stars that surrounds the medium ones, but you'll have to wait and see what I've come up with until I stitch them.

I know I used alot of different fiber manufacturers, but keep in mind that I only used what was already in my stash. I'm not allowing myself to go out and purchase anything to complete this design. It was emtirely coincidence that I had floss to exactly match these metallics. It's very suprising when you consider the fact that I used three of the metallics from the original kit but changed all the other fibers.

I've gotten comments from more than one person that said they didn't like this chart when they saw it, or if they had seen it in a shop they would have walked right past it. I hope my version shows you that you can choose a color and run with it! The only thing I would change in my version is the canvas itself. I'd definitely stitch this on a black or purple if I was kitting it up from scratch.

1 comment:

  1. This is really coming along. It is going to be beautiful when finished.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!