Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January 5, 2009


123glitter.com
Hard to believe it's only been a year, but that's it!

You know how, when you have to go run errands, you make that list in your mind of the places you need to go and the order you'll go to them? Well, I did that today. I was going out this morning to make three stops. I decided to take Kasey with me because Uncle Wes got home at 11:29 last night and I didn't want her bothering him.

First we go to the grocery store. I need tissues. I've blown my nose through an entire box this past weekend. Easy in-and-out. Next up is one block behind Graul's Market at the Pharmacy. Pay for the prescription and get outta there. On to Wawa! I haven't had an Italian sub in a week! Tells you how bad I've been feelin', doesn't it? Order, pay, it's ready by the time I'm done at the counter.

So I get home and take a look at the prescription I picked up. The bottles are alot different and the price was only $2.55. Then I see it's a generic, which doesn't bother me, but the capsule size sure does! These are horse pills and I'm supposed to take four with everything I eat! Wait, there's no pill inside the capsule; it's powder! This won't work for me! The medication won't have time to work in my system unless I take it out of the capsules. It's easy with the name-brand because I just take the pill out of the capsules. This powder would taste awful out of the capsules! So I call the pharmacy; I have to bring them the prescription before they can look anything up.

Back out I go! Lucky for me the pharmacy is only about a mile from home! The name-brand medication is only $3.35 more! Yep! I want it, for sure! That'll save me alot of trouble and sour faces.

I get back home and settle in to enjoy a bottle of Wawa Lemonade Tea and my Italian sub. I open the roll to evenly redistribute the bacon like I always do. And I found out why my sub felt so light when I picked it up off the counter at the store. My Italian sub didn't have any Italian! It was mayonnaise, bacon, and cheese!

Back out I go! Wawa is only 2 miles in the other direction. I put the sub on the counter and Harold asks what I'm doing back. I start laughing and say "you forgot the Italian on my Italian sub! It's just bacon and cheese!" He starts laughing and joking that it was his co-worker's fault. She banters with the other customers about him blaming her for his mistake. I just laughed because this was certainly a first for me! I've had 'em forget my extra mayo or my bacon, but never the lunchmeat! Even though I asked that he simply put the lunchmeat on my sandwich, Harold made me an entirely new sub. I enjoyed it thoroughly when I returned to the house for the third time!

The remainder of the day was quite uneventful. I went to dialysis for my treatment and the nurse was able to get the dialysis doc to call in a Z-pack for me. I took my first dose of antibiotics with my dinner and I sincerely hope I'm feeling better by the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Just think of it as exercise! Good thing they were all close by. Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY what a time of it you had! Glad you got what you wanted afterall and enjoyed it too. I picked up sandwiches at a gourmet store for our Christmas Eve dinner after the candelight service - well, they switched condiments and on my shrimp salad I had gobs of dijon mustard and hardly any shrimp. They obviously weren't open to go back for a replacement so it was really a mustard sandwich. LOL

    Hope the z pack works!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! Some days it just doesn't pay to leave the house!

    glad you got it all straightened out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogaversary! I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!