These questions were on Lee's 'Lake Stitcher' blog (January 2):
1. Did you discover any new (or new-to-you) designers in 2008? And your favorite was?
Hmm...Just Nan, Told in a Garden, Blue Ribbon Designs, 4 My Boys, Heart in Hand, Heirloom Embroideries, Dinky Dyes Designs, The Cat's Whiskers Design Studio, Jeannette Douglas, Little House Needleworks...okay so I was a newbie to them all!
I think my favorite is Dinky Dyes/Cat's Whiskers. I love all the purple designs they've collaborated on!
2. Same question - New Fabrics?
Evenweaves! I haven't stitched on Aida in months!
3. Same question - New fibres?
There's more than DMC? Wow! GAST, Carrie's Creations, Weeks Dye Works, Soie d'Alger, Dinky Dyes, Crescent Colours, Rainbow Galleries, Leah's, Kreinik...all were new to me in 2008
4. Same question - New finishing techniques?
Finishing? Don't you just frame everything? No? Well, that's what I thought until 2008.
5. Did you have a favorite "theme" in 2008?
Purple...patriotic..."specialty" or embroidery stitches...it's a toss-up
6. Did you try any new gadgets?
Sure did. I now have marking pins, a laying tool, a chatelaine, actual embroidery scissors, Thread Heaven, Fray Check, QSnaps, Stretcher Bars, Floor Stand. I told you I was a newbie!
7. Did you discover any new (or new-to-you) LNS in 2008? And your favorite was?
LNS? What's an LNS? There are needlework shops?! You got it! Never went to one before '08. I love visiting Sue V. and going to Haus Tirol in Williamsburg, VA. I'm hoping to get back down there when the weather's warmer. And Carol BC & Kathy Y introduced me to The Stitching Post here at home. Just what I needed! lol Just recently, I found The Yarn Garden a few miles from home. Man, I'm in trouble now!
8. Same question: new or new-to-you online stores?
My favorite is www.wasatchneedlecraft.com Karen provides such excellent customer service. Whenever I have a question she gets right back to me to let me know she's checking on the answer for me. She even emails designers in order to find out information if her customers have questions on a new design. That special service is something that can't be bought with money and for that alone she would have my business, but her selection is also excellent.
9. Same question: new or new-to-you bloggers?
a) stitching bloggers
Everyone! I really didn't read blogs when I joined Yahoo groups in late 2007
b) bloggers in general
Sad to say, but I haven't been exploring much online. When I read blogs, they're either about stitching or dogs.
10. Same question: communities/ forums?
After getting way behind on emails while in the hospital, I made the decision to leave some of my more chatty groups. I just couldn't keep up. The other problem was that I was spending all my time reading email and didn't get any stitching done. It was very frustrating. Towards the end of the year I joined a few new groups, but my email hasn't gone up that much.
11. Whose blog in 2008 was the Most inspirational for keeping you stitching?
Funny enough, but reading blogs actually keeps me from stitching. I start following links here, there, and everywhere, and get so wrapped up in reading that my stitching gets ignored. The other members of my Yahoo groups keep me motivated by encouraging me and giving wonderful feedback on my stitching.
12. Whose blog was funniest in 2008?
I don't think I can pick just one. I remember several times laughing so hard I was crying while reading blogs.
13. Which blog's posts did you "star" the most in your reader in 2008?
Okay, so Newbie here doesn't have one of those. I just follow links when updates are posted in groups or on email lists.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











































































a href="http://www.justparents.co.uk/">




No comments:
Post a Comment
I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!