Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 22, 2009 - WHAT time is it?!

6:40

IN THE MORNING!

OMG!

That is the only problem with going to bed early; you wake up early! I hate it! I had hours until my first appointment. The really bad thing was that I couldn't eat until after the appointment and I was hungry. See, this doesn't happen when I sleep until 2pm. Then I don't get hungry until after four o'clock.

I was awake, so to make the best of it I went back to work on Ocean Star. I contin-ued working on the dia-monds and took it with me to both of my doctor appointments. I was taken back within minutes of arriving at the first office but had a 45-minute wait at the second one. That just meant 45 minutes of stitching!

I told the clinic that I would be an hour late for my treatment but I was even later because of the wait at the doctor's office. Instead of making everyone stay even longer, I decided to shorten my treatment to just two hours for today only.

I couldn't stitch today during my treatment. The machine alarmed the first time I moved my arm so I had to keep it still. They repeated the access flow test that was originally done on Monday. The results of the two tests they did then made no sense so I asked for it to be repeated during my next treatment. Today's number wasn't a whole lot better and I will call my vascular doctor to let him know. The last thing I need is for my graft to clot within the next few weeks, or months, for that matter!

Sarah needed me to run something over to the apartment after I left dialysis so I quickly did that and then came home. I made chicken tacos for dinner but didn't have sour cream and they really needed it. Chicken is always dry when you prepare it for tacos. Besides drowning it in water, does anyone have a suggestion as to how to prevent it?

I didn't do any more stitching after finally getting home this evening. I was just too tired. It's another early night for me!

BTW: Thursday is Kasey's Birthday! Be prepared for lots of pics!

1 comment:

  1. This piece is really pretty! Cute dog pictures on the birthday post too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments, words of encouragement, and questions. Thank you for stopping by Crossed Purposes!